Welcome to Wednesday, June 24, 2020. Can you believe we are halfway through the year and Summer officially started a few days ago! Please take a moment and enjoy! All too soon, it will much colder with frigid winds rather than warm breezes!
Currently, Hatch Stamping Company has no reported cases of the corona virus.
Please stay tuned and stay connected.
Health and Wellness
Although the end of June is quickly approaching, we thought it would be interesting to look at some fun facts about June.
The end of June marks the end of the first half of the calendar year, so it’s a time to reflect on the year so far.
Let’s learn some cool facts about JUNE!
- The name June is the modern day adaption of the Latin word Junius, which has its origins dating back to the ancient Romans.
- June used to be the fourth month in the year. Before Julius Caesar came to power, the calendar year only had 10 months. In 46 BC he created the Julian calendar by adding two more months to the year, which made June the sixth month.
- No other month in the year begins on the same day of the week as June.
- June has both the longest and the shortest days of the year, depending on where you’re standing! If you live in the northern hemisphere, then the 21st of June is the longest day of the year. If you live in the southern hemisphere, then the 21st of June is the shortest day of the year.
- The first day of summer in the northern hemisphere is on the 21st of June.
- If you were born in June, then you’re one of two star signs. If you were born on or before the 20th of June then you’re a Gemini. If you were born on or after the 21st of June, you have the Cancer star sign.
- The birth flowers of June are the honeysuckle and the rose.
- There are a number of countries that celebrate their flag days during the month of June. Sweden celebrates their flag day on the 6th of June, the United States celebrates theirs on the 14th of June and Denmark celebrates theirs on the 15th of June.
- If you’re a big fan of tennis, then June is a good month for you! The internationally renowned English tennis tournament Wimbledon runs through the month of June.
- June has three birthstones – alexandrite, moonstone, and pearl.
- It’s one of the most wonderful times of the year to get married, but it’s also a time to celebrate either the summer or winter solstice!
Whatever you do, take a moment to reflect on the year so far, as it’s halfway gone already!